Satay sauce is one of my favourite toppings.
Typically all shop bought or restaurant recipes are also packed full of sugar which is no good.
However – if made correctly, with simple natural sugar free ingredients then it can actually be a relatively healthy, low carb option!
Here’s my recipe for Low Carb Satay Sauce. Chicken Satay Sticks anyone??
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Low Carb Satay Sauce
- 1 cup all natural Peanut Butter
- 1 fresh Chilli finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon chilli flakes)
- 1 Stick Lemongrass finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Red Curry paste
- 1/2 TB Fish sauce
- 200mls Coconut milk
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir well with a whisk to combine.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until blended well.
- Season to taste with additional chilli, lemongrass or coconut milk.
Once cooled, Low Carb Satay Sauce can be stored in the fridge, in a jar for 3 months.
Enjoy over Chicken Satay Sticks or use as a Stir Fry Topping.