This Low Carb Shepherds Pie brings us Low Carber’s some comfort food that is also budget-friendly, and a great meal to freeze into portions for the week.
Budget-Friendly – Low Carb – Shepards Pie.
Less than $2 per serve
(makes 8 serves)
- 1kg 3 star Beef Mince
- 1 small brown onion chopped
- 3T Tomato Paste
- 3T Worcestershire
- Bay Leaves, Chilli Flakes, 1 beef stock cube, salt, pepper
- 1 Carrot
- 2 Stalk Celery
- 1 Bag frozen Spinach 250g
Ingredients for Cauli-mash Topping.
- 1 pack frozen Cauli 500g
- 1/2 pack (50g) dried parmesan
- 1 pack (200g) Cheese & Chive Dip (or sour cream/cream cheese/yoghurt)
- 1T Butter
- Brown the onion then add the beef. No oil is required due to the fat content in beef.
- Once beef cooked add in all the chopped veggies, sauces and spices to taste.
- Let the meat simmer to flavour.
Method for Topping
- Microwave cauli until hot and steaming.
- Place in blender with cheese & chive dip, parmesan & butter.
- Blitz until smooth (add a splash of milk if required)
- Place beef in large crockery baking dish.
- Top with Cauli mash.
- Top with shredded parmesan.
- Bake for 20 mins or until golden on top
- Serve as is, or with side-salad.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen