There’s been so much talk online recently about smoothies and if they are actually good for us.
Many smoothies are based on banana or coconut water, which are both very high in carbs.
There’s no denying that smoothies can be packed with great vitamins and minerals, but if you’re on a low carb diet then you do need to be really careful.
I created this smoothie to have for breakfast on one of these super hot days. It’s icy cold so cools you down, has a beautiful strawberry flavour, is super low carb and high in protein, making it a smoothie you can really enjoy!
Our Low Carb Strawberry Thickshake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes max
Makes: 2 smoothies
Ingredients for Smoothie
- 1 cup of almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1 punnet of strawberries or 250g frozen berries
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 small zucchini washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Almond Meal
- 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Sweetener of choice
Optional – if you wanted to increase the Protein, you can use your favourite Low Carb Protein Powder.
- Place milk in blender first.
- Wash the strawberries and chop in half.
- Wash the zucchini and chop in bite sized pieces.
- Place strawberries and zucchini in blender.
- Then add Chia and Almond meal.
- Place Ice on top.
- Put lid on.
- Pulse a few times and then blend until smooth.
- Pour in glasses and enjoy your low carb smoothie!
Enjoy your Low Carb Strawberry Thickshake
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen
or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen
Photo Credit: Repurposedlife.wordpress.com