Who doesn’t love a good hearty curry as it gets cooler. This Low Carb Vegetarian Red Curry is the first for our Winter warmer series.
I’ve kept this one simple by creating a vegetable based curry. You can add your favourite protein source or perhaps more vegetables.
*Prawns, Chicken or Tofu I think would go well with this one.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 TB Olive or Coconut oil
- 1 onion
- Garlic (as much as you like)
- 1/4 Cup Valcom Red curry Paste
- 400ml Coconut milk (You can use low fat if you want to keep the fat down)
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken stock
- 500g of frozen/fresh broccoli and cauliflower
- A handful of beans.
- Handful mushrooms
- Bunch of coriander
- fresh lime.
- Heat half the oil a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add Cauliflower, broccoli Beans and Mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Stir in coconut milk and stock. Bring to the boil. Add the vegetables. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add lime juice and half the coriander.
- Divide into bowls and sprinkle more coriander for colour.
- Serve with lime wedges.
If adding Protein:
- Prawns: add to the mix a few minutes before serving, as they will no need a long time to cook.
- Chicken: Cook it first and add to the curry mix after you have added the vegetables before reducing the heat.
- Lupin Flakes to make Lupin Couscous would be a high protein addition, that would still keep this vvegetarian-friendly
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen