Did you know that some cafe style banana breads can have up to 85g carbs per slice??
Seriously no wonder people get an energy slump at 10am if that’s what they are having for brekkie!!!
Anyway, obviously a banana is a banana and they do have around 20g of carbs per 100g, so they are never going to be a Low Carb food, however I found some super ripe Bananas in the kitchen at work and I got super curious if I could make a LowER Carb Banana Bread….
I did, and it turned out really well. It does have around 8g carbs per slice, so I still wouldn’t go crazy, but compared to the regular type, it has 90% less carbs and sugar.
LowER Carb Banana Bread 🙂
- 1 pack Low carb Vanilla Cupcake mix
- 250g chopped banana (2 large/3 small)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed Spice
- 2Tb coconut Oil
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (90g)
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (190ml) (we used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2T natvia or sweetener of choice
In 1 bowl whisk together:
250g chopped Banana (2 large/3small)
2T Natvia or sweetener of choice
1t Mixed spice
3/4 cup milk of choice
2nd bowl mix together:
1 pack low carb cupcake mix
1 cup dedicated coconut (90g)
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Mix enough to just combine.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin
- Bake on 170 deg for 75 minutes (it’s a large loaf!!)
- Let cool before slicing and keep refrigerated.
Please note this loaf is moist – that’s why best cooled before slicing!
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen
or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen