Raisin toast is a favourite of many, unfortunately it isnt low carb. One piece of cafe style Raisin toast can vary between 25-43g of carbs!!! By using Our Low Carb Sunflower and Linseed bread mix, you can create a LowER Carb Raisin Bread Loaf for 8.2g carbs per piece and you also get the added benefits of sunflower and linseed 👍
- 1 packet of Our Low Carb Sunflower and Linseed Bread Mix
- 1 1/4 cup of water (315ml)
- 1 TB white vinegar (20ml)
- 3 eggs
- 130g raisins
- 2 heaped tb of cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 170 deg and line a small loaf tin with oil & baking paper.
- In a small bowl – whisk together the wet ingredients
- In a large bowl place contents of the Low Carb Bread Mix & 130g Sultana’s.
- Make a well in the centre and pour egg mix into bread mix & stir only enough to combine.
- Sprinkle 2 heaped tablespoons of cinnamon over bread mix and fold through (this creates a cinnamon swirl – don’t over mix)
- Spoon mix into tin, and smooth over the top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. (test with a skewer) if it does not pull out clean, add another 5 mins.
- Let cool to room temp on a rack out of the tin – and refrigerate for 2 hours to make slicing easier (overnight even better)
- Slice and store in freezer in sandwich bags, pulling what you need as you go – or keep in fridge for 5 days.