Felafel can be a great snack or meal, and thanks to our friends at Lupin Foods Australia we are happy to bring you this Lupin Felafel recipe that is fast, easy, tasty & low carb!
Make up a large batch and freeze, then take to work as a snack – or crumble over a salad of mixed greens, tomato & cucumber, then drizzle with Minty Yoghurt.
This recipe makes 18 Felafel Balls.
Nutrition is calculated on 3 Balls being 1 Serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 100g Lupin Flakes – 1 Cup
- 50g onion – finely chopped
- 60g Low Carb Bread Mix
- ¼ tsp chilli powder/flakes/fresh chilli
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Finely grated lemon rind
- 180g water
- Place all ingredients except water in a bowl blend well together.
- Add the water to the Lupin Flake mix and combine well, using a spoon.
- Let mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- With wet hands form the mixture into balls of desired size.
- Let balls stand for 15 minutes in the fridge or a cool place before frying.
- Deep fry balls in oil until golden brown (The oil should be very hot. Test this by sprinkling a pinch of Lupin Flake into the oil – if it sizzles then it’s ready).
Lupin Felafel can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container for 5 days, or also frozen for up to 6 months.
Try Serving Lupin Felafel with our Low Carb Hommus, a drizzle of Olive Oil & Dukkah.
It also tastes amazing and fresh mixed salad greens, Tomato, Cucumber and our Minty Yoghurt.
I would LOVE to see pic’s of your Low Carb creations – post to my facebook – Anna’s Low Carb Kitchen
Then Tag your friends and show them your culinary skills!!