Alexandrea used the Original Base Recipe of Anna’s Protein Cookie and added a Peanut Butter and Jelly Twist.
These Low Carb Peanut Butter and Jelly cookies taste like a treat. You would never guess that they are LOW CARB.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes 20 Cookies
- 1 pack Low carb cookie mix
- 70g melted butter
- 125ml milk of choice ( we used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla Essence
- 4 Tbs crunchy peanut Butter
- 1 x sachet of raspberry diet jelly crystals
- 100g of dark chocolate (we used Lindt)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. (cookie mix, jelly crystals)
- In a separate bowl whisk together wet ingredients – (melted butter, milk and vanilla), then pour into dry ingredients.
- Mix through the Peanut Butter.
- Mix with a fork until all combined and a dough forms.
- Roll mix into approx. 4cm balls and place on the tray, pressing down lightly with a fork.
- Pro tip: wet the fork if it starts sticking to the cookies!
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the tops start to brown.
- Remove and place on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and use a fork to drizzle over the top (set in fridge)
- You could add the chocolate into the cookie to create choc-chip peanut butter and jelly cookies
- Add crushed peanuts for extra texture
These Cookies can be enjoyed for up to 10 days – keep refrigerated to ensure freshness
Cookies can be frozen for up to 6 months.