Nothing says “Aussie Christmas” like a Christmas Trifle. The traditional recipe can have up to 30-40 of carbs per serve. Anna’s version is a LowER Carb alternative that does not comprise taste. It has all the fruitiness, creaminess and soft sponge that you would expect and love in a trifle.
Carbs per serve: 13.4g
- 1 Packet of our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 1 cup (250ml) of milk of choice (we used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 70g melted butter
- 1 pack of sugar free berry jelly (made according to directions on pack)
- 2 Punnet strawberries
- 1 Punnet blueberries
- 300mls whipped cream
- 400ml Custard (We used Paul’s Trim Low Fat 30% less sugar vanilla custard)
- Sherry (optional)
- Bake the vanilla cake according to directions on pack, however spread mix into a square 20cm cake tin to make a shallow cake.
- After baking, cool, refrigerate then slice into small cubes.
- To assemble the trifles, either use 10 dessert style glasses or a large glass bowl.
- Make 1 layer of cake cubes and drizzle sherry* over the top. Place the fresh berries, jelly and custard over this and then repeat this layering process until you have used up all the ingredients.
- Best refrigerated for a few hours to let it all soak in together!
- Top with whipped cream and decorate with berries as desired.
For more great Low Carb Recipes, click here