I always thought Panna Cotta must be hard to make, no idea why, but I was recently looking through recipes and realised it looked pretty simple!
Usually it’s made with cream and sugar, so I decided to make this super healthy version, make a whole batch and then have them for brekkies on the go.
This new recipe is great because the yoghurt gives you a probiotic hit assisting digestion and the gelatin is also apparently good for gut health (haven’t personally researched this, just seems to be what people are saying!)
Takes about 10mins prep time, and a few hours to set – overnight if possible as this seems to enhance the vanilla taste.
Panna Cotta Nutrition.
Low Carb Panna Cotta
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (can use any milk)
- 2 tablespoon – Natvia Natural Sweetener
- 2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 400ml can coconut cream
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 4 teaspoons gelatin
- In a saucepan place 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 2 tablespoons natvia natural sweetener (or preferred low carb sweetener), 2 teaspoons of vanilla bean paste (could use essence as well I think) and 4 teaspoons of gelatin powder.
- Heat and whisk with a hand whisk to ensure the gelatin dissolves. Keep on low heat, don’t let it boil.
- Once all dissolved remove from heat and add 1 can coconut cream (400mls) and 1 cup unsweetened Greek yoghurt (250mls) – The most important thing is that you have the 1100-1200mls of combined liquid. You can swap and use plain cream instead of coconut, or coconut yoghurt instead of regular!!
- Whisk together again and pour in 6 glasses/jars or anything convenient.
- You can also add a few frozen berries if desired.
- I’ve made twice now, first time just 2 cups Almond Milk + 600ml cream – the cream one was definitely “creamier” my new version is much lighter, which I prefer for brekkie!
- These are seriously amazing I’m already thinking about other flavours I could do. I think some finely grated lemon may be amazing for a citrus version. Let us know what you think!
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen
or post to my facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen