This whipped Coconut icing is a simple 2 ingredient recipe, that is light and fluffy and will bring your favourite cakes or cupcakes to life.
Ingredients and prep
- 75g (1/3 cup) of Our Low Carb Icing Mix
- 1 x can of 400ml (Full fat) Coconut Cream – this needs to be refrigerated overnight
- Chilled bowl and beaters/ whisk attachments – these should be chilled for a few hours
- Remove the chilled bowl and beaters/whisk attachment from the freezer or refrigerator. Using chilled equipment will help thicken and whip the cream to a better icing consistency.
- Remove the can of coconut cream from the refrigerator. Gently turn can over and open.
- Pour out the contents of the can into a strainer over a bowl to separate the coconut water from the cream. Discard the drained liquid (or keep the coconut water for smoothies).
- Add the solid coconut cream to the chilled bowl.
- Beat on high until the coconut cream resembles whipped cream.
- Add in Anna’s Low Carb Kitchen Icing Mix to the bowl and beat until combined.
- It’s best not to shake the can before putting in the refrigerator because you do not want to emulsify (combine) the water and fat! We want them to separate to use the coconut cream only.
- For best result ensure your coconut cream is chilled overnight.
- Use a chilled bowl to get the best-whipped consistency
- Be sure to use only FULL FAT coconut cream, not ‘light’ coconut cream for the best result
- Coconut cream will whip to ‘soft peaks’ not stiff peaks.