Who doesn’t love Corn Fritters?
Well, these are even better.
And they have less than half the Carb content of Corn Fritters.
Get creative with your serving accompaniments – I also love crispy Bacon and Haloumi as a side with these for brunch.
Please note this recipe makes 5 serves of 3 fritters about 10cm in diameter – great if you’re hosting breakfast or brunch – or if you want to make a large batch and freeze. I’ve enjoyed them reheated for lunches during the week.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Carbs per fritter: 1.5g
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients – Fritters
- 1/2 cup Low Carb Bread Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 500g Zucchini – chopped small
- 2 tablespoon Chopped Chives
- 2 teaspoon Cumin
- 100g Feta, crumbled
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Ingredients – To Serve
- 1 Small Avocado Sliced
- 30g Baby Rocket
- 200g Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Bunch Chopped Mint
- 1 Small, Finely Chopped Cucumber
- Place the Low Carb Bread Mix into a large mixing bowl and add cumin, combine, then make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs
- Pour the eggs into the Bread Mix & fold in the zucchini, chives and feta.
- Gently stir mixture until well combined.
- Add a splash of any milk if required.
- Preheat a pan with some oil to medium heat.
- Spoon out fritters using a heaped tablespoon.
- This batch will make about 15 medium-sized fritters
- This means 5 servings of 3 Fritters (or more for you if you are hungry!)
- Cook each fritter for 2-3 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and flip and cook the other side.
- In a bowl, mix yoghurt, mint and cucumber.
- Serve fritters with avocado, rocket and minty yoghurt sauce – delish!
Enjoy your zucchini fritters with Haloumi, Bacon, Salsa or Salad.
Or on a Burger.
Or simply on their own. You can also use a mix of cauliflower, broccoli or mushies if you have leftover veggies to use up!