Pasta is usually one the first things people give up when they start a low carb lifestyle – and no wonder when you realise just how full of carbs pasta is.
But thankfully, there are a few pasta replacements that you can have – they still taste great and will satisfy those pasta cravings you’re having!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
For the Bolognese
- 1 Onion
- 200g Celery
- 500g Lean Beef Mince (pork mince is good too if you’d prefer)
- 800g Tinned Tomato (make sure no added sugar)
- 200g Mushrooms
- 200g English Spinach
- Shaved Parmesan
- Bean Sprouts
- Zoodles (zucchini cut into strips like spaghetti)
- Vegetable Squash
Have a look at this blog post to see how to cook your preferred option.
- Add a dash of oil to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery, and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the mince and cook until meat has browned, breaking up any lumps.
- Lower the heat slightly, add tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach and bean sprouts.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour sauce over your choice of “pasta” and top with the parmesan.
Enjoy with some Low Carb Garlic Bread and a glass of wine 🙂