Say ‘I Love you’ with our Low Carb Pink Marble Cupcakes. A perfect sweet treat without the sugar load. Under 5g of carbs per cupcake!
Ingredients for the Cake
1 packet of Our Low Carb Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 2 x eggs
- 1 cup Milk of choice (we used Unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/3 cup (70g) melted butter
- 1 Tb (20ml) white vinegar
- Pink food colouring (for the marbling)
Icing – as per packet – with additional toppings for decorations
- ½ tub cream cheese (125g)
- 2 tbsp butter (40g)
- 1 tsp water (10ml)
- level ⅓ cup Low Carb Icing Mix (75g)
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180ºC and prepare cupcake tray with 12 wrappers (IMPORTANT: spray the insides of wrappers with oil to avoid sticking or use silicon tray).
- Combine milk, eggs, vinegar and melted (70g) butter in bowl. Combine with dry cupcake mix and gently fold till just combined.
- Separate ½ of the cupcake batter into another bowl, add a few drops of pink food colouring and mix until combined.
- Return pink mixture back into other bowl. Folding pink mixture with white mixture, very gently to marble colours together. Be careful not to over mix.
- Divide cupcake mixture evenly into cupcake wrappers, again avoiding over mixing. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes. Rotate tray at halfway to ensure even baking.
- Remove and allow to completely cool before icing.
- Create icing as per packet instructions.
- Ice cupcakes and decorated with desired toppings.
For more great Low Carb recipes, click here
I’d love to see your photos – tag me @annaslowcarbkitchen
or post to my Facebook page www.facebook.com/Annaslowcarbkitchen