Updated start of June 2017 no new products found at this time.
Nothing beats a good BBQ – nice meat, a few drinks and some beautiful salads.
When it comes to Sausages however you have to be really careful. Many are packed with fillers that really increase the carb content and are no good for you at all.
If you are following a Gluten Free diet you really need to watch this as well, as lots of the fillers are starch based and not Gluten Free.
Our criteria – 3g or less carbs per 100g and 80% or more meat
Our Top Pick! Cleavers Organic Paleo Beef Sausage
Cleavers Organic Paleo Beef Sausage
Organic Beef (82.9%), organic carrot, water, organic sauteed onion (organic onion, rendered organic grass fed beef fat), Australian sea salt, organic garlic, organic black pepper, natural casing (hog).
Carbs per 100g: 1.3g
Meat %: 82.9%
- I LOVE Cleavers 🙂 Such a clean ingredient list and 82.9% Beef. The only extras they include in their products are veggies, salt & pepper.
- They also do some great Burger Patties and Meatballs.
- Bonus that they are Organic and Gluten Free too.
They taste amazing and it’s so nice to be able to totally enjoy them without worrying about what you’re eating.
Beak & Sons Garlic, Mediterranean Herb
Beef (87%), Water, Salt, Basil, Roasted Garlic, Dehydrated Vegetables, Tapioca Starch, Natural Flavour, Stock Powder, Italian Herbs, Black Pepper, Oregano, Parsley and Natural Hog Casing
Carbs per 100g: 2.4g
Meat %: 87%
- They have more meat percentage than Cleavers, but carbs are slightly higher
- Tapioca starch is really the only “extra” ingredient they have in comparing with Cleavers, but its a natural product used in gluten free cooking, so no big concern.
- Pepper and Thyme is another great choice in this Preservative free range that has 87% meat.
- They have a ‘traditional’ range that have a lot more ‘filler’ type ingredients and the meat percentage drops under 80% but not by much.
Cleavers Traditional Beef Sausages
Beef (80%), Organic Beef, Water, Organic tapioca starch, Salt, spices, Rice Flour, Organic sugar, Organic Onion, Garlic, Yeast extract, Fermented Rice and natural hog casing.
Carbs per 100g: 2.6g
- Not as high in beef as the others mentioned so far.
- Not really sure why they need to add sugar to sausages either.
- They have a lot more ingredients, but still 2.6g of Carbs/100g is not bad overall.
For more Low carb Supermarket finds, click here