Updated start of June 2017
Greek yoghurt is great as a snack or can be used to make healthier versions of creamy dressings.
Including this in your diet is a great way to maintain the health of your digestive system and keep all those good bacteria alive. This helps avoid bloating and keeps your tummy feeling nice and comfortable. We’ve searched the supermarket to find the best low carb greek yogurts.
- Portion control is needed if you are watching your caloric intake and using full fat options. If you are after a lower fat/ skinny alternatives, you can follow the same guide of 10g less/ per 100g)
Our criteria – 10g carbs or less per 100g
Our Top Pick Plain Yogurt!
Chobani Plain Low Fat
Skim milk, live milk cultures.
Carbs per 100g: 4.2g
- For a low fat greek yogurt this is a great option.
- It is completely natural, one of the highest protein Greek Yoghurts, tastes amazing and has ZERO added sugar.
- Comes in individual tubs or bulk ones. Be careful of the fruit versions though, like anything the fruit really increases the carbs.
Chobani Plain Whole Milk
Skim milk, Cream, Live Yogurt, Cultures
Carbs per 100g: 3.9g
- Slightly lower in carbs and higher in fat than the Chobani Low Fat. the protein is still quite high too 🙂
- This one has a creamier texture. Out of the 2 Chobani yogurts, it comes down to the amount of fat (if that is something you are concerned about)
Dairy Dream Hi Protein Yogurt
Skim milk, Live Cultures
Carbs per 100g: 4.2g
- This would be on par with Chobani (our top pick)
- Found in Aldi
- Haven’t tried this, but will definitely give it a go.
Woolworths Greek Style Yogurt
Pasteurised Milk, Skim milk powder, milk fat and Live Cultures
Carbs per 100g: 4.3g
- Great for a supermarket option.
- Coles Brand was almost identical to this. Choose the Coles brand if you shop there 🙂
Evia Greek Yogurt
Full Cream milk, skim milk concentrate, yogurt cultures.
Carbs per 100g: 4.8g
- A short and simple ingredient list and no added sugar. 🙂
Farmers Union Greek Yogurt
Milk, milk solids, cream, yoghurt cultures.
Carbs per 100g: 5.2g
- These guys get the tick of approval for no added sugar
- The addition of cream really boosts up the fat and kJ count, which in my opinion is unnecessary.
- They must have changed the formula as they use to be 6.9g carbs per 100g
Tamar Valley Dairy Greek Yogurt
Milk solids, Live Cultures
Carbs per 100g: 5.2 g
- No added sugar
- The highest of the range
- Super creamy.
For more Low carb Supermarket finds, click here