Updated start of June 2017 – no new products found at this time.
Nothing beats weekend BBQ’s with friends or family, and enjoying a few drinks.
It can be confusing looking at how many options of flavoured, sparkling waters and mixer drinks there are in the supermarket.
All of these diet drinks are similar – and they do contain minimal carbs.
If you don’t mind the artificial sweeteners, then you could include diet versions of your standard soft drinks.
Our criteria – 2g Carbs or less per 100ml.
Our Top Pick Sparkling Water!
Schweppes Natural Sparkling – Grapefruit
Carbonated mineral water, Food acid (citric acid) and natural flavours.
- These drinks are so refreshing on a hot day – and definitely inspire me to keep my water levels up.
- Office Fave! 😀
- They come in Peach, Grapefruit, Raspberry & Lemon/Lime.
- No sugar OR artificial sweeteners.
Mount Franklin – Raspberry and Lemon lightly sparkling
Carbonated Spring water and Natural Flavours
- This one has a slightly tart taste to it, which is lovely. I have added mint to it and ice. Makes it look and tasty a little fancier 🙂
Natural Sparkling Waters.
Naturally carbonated water and sodium, thats it.
- Comes down to brand preference, as each have a slight difference in taste and amount of sodium. I love San Pellegrino, but its a bit more $$ than other brands. But they are all pretty much the same.
- Its plain, leaving it open for you to add your own flavours (sliced cucumber and mint) or citrus fruit.
Carbonated water, sodium
- As far as sparkling mixers go – you can’t beat Soda Water. Absolutely nothing bad or hiding in it. I find it more fizzy than mineral water.
- Yes it has a very plain and unsweetened flavour – however this is great because you can add whatever you like.
- My favourite would be frozen Blueberries or Raspberries.
As mentioned at the top, if you don’t mind artificial sweeteners there are many different varieties in the supermarket like Waterfords Diet soft drinks, or your regular soft drink brands – diet variety e.g. Coke zero etc.
You can also follow my Facebook page for more regular product reviews and information.
You may also like my Review on Hamburger Patties 🙂