Updated December 2017
Nothing beats weekend BBQ’s with friends or family, and enjoying a few drinks.
It can be confusing looking at how many options of flavoured, sparkling waters and mixer drinks there are in the supermarket.
All of these diet drinks are similar – and they do contain minimal carbs.
If you don’t mind the artificial sweeteners, then you could include diet versions of your standard soft drinks.
Our criteria – 2g Carbs or less per 100ml.
Our Top Pick Sparkling Water!
Schweppes Natural Sparkling – Flavoured
Carbonated mineral water, Food acid (citric acid) and natural flavours.
- These drinks are so refreshing on a hot day – and definitely inspire me to keep my water levels up.
- Office Fave! 😀
- Come in a few flavours – Grapefruit, Raspberry, Lime
- No sugar OR artificial sweeteners.
Mount Franklin – Flavoured lightly sparkling
Carbonated Spring water and Natural Flavours
- This one has a slightly tart taste to it, which is lovely. I have added mint to it and ice. Makes it look and tasty a little fancier 🙂
- Comes in 2 other flavours.
Natural Sparkling Waters.
Naturally carbonated water and sodium, thats it.
- Comes down to brand preference, as each have a slight difference in taste and amount of sodium. I love San Pellegrino, but its a bit more $$ than other brands. But they are all pretty much the same.
- Its plain, leaving it open for you to add your own flavours (sliced cucumber and mint) or citrus fruit.
Carbonated water, sodium
- As far as sparkling mixers go – you can’t beat Soda Water. Absolutely nothing bad or hiding in it. I find it more fizzy than mineral water.
- Yes it has a very plain and unsweetened flavour – however this is great because you can add whatever you like.
- My favourite would be frozen Blueberries or Raspberries.
Schweppes – Classic Mixers
Carbonated water, natural flavours, food acids, sweeteners, colours, preservatives
- I included these, as these are classic mixers (not mineral waters) but I felt they needed a mention)
- These use artificial sweeteners
You can also follow my Facebook page for more regular product reviews and information.
You may also like my Review on Hamburger Patties 🙂