How good is a hearty Red Curry or Chicken Laksa, especially on a cold winters night?
I enjoy my curries over a bed of Spinach or Cauliflower Mash
Our criteria 10g carbs or less per 100g
Our Top Pick!
Valcom Authentic Red Curry
Water, shallot, lemongrass, sunflower oil, galangal, garlic, salt, dried red chilli, shrimp paste, kaffir lime peel, modified tapioca starch, acidity regulator.
Carbs per 100g: 4.0g
- The fact that sugar is not listed on the ingredient panel gets us off to a super start with this one!! There is a little tapioca starch, I presume to help the consistency of the product but overall the ingredients are great.
- Most recipes only use one or two tables spoons which would be less than 50g in the whole dish so that equates to 2g of carbs in the whole dish. You will probably have to add coconut milk or cream as per recipe instructions.
The paste – Dried Chilli, fish sauce, dried shallots, lemongrass, galangal, coconut palm sugar, shrimp paste and red chilli, salt, sugar, kaffir lime peel and coriander
Carbs per 100g: 4.4g
- This is a Red Curry Kit – which I think is handy if you have never made a curry before, all the guesswork is taken out. It serves 4, which means per portion, the carbs only go up to 4.9g per serve.
Thai Gourmet Red Curry Paste
Red Chilli, Garlic, Galangal, Shallot, Lemon Grass, Salt, Water, Coriander, Kaffir Lime.
Carbs per 100g: 6.8g
- The impressive ingredients list, no added sugar 😀
Five Tastes – Curry Paste Shots
Water, shallot, garlic, lemongrass, sunflower oil, galangal, salt, chilli, sugar, kaffir lime peel, food acid.
Carbs per 100g: 9.5g
- Just made it under 10g per 100g.
- Convenient as they come in little pods that you use. Portion control.
Updated April 2018
**Please note information was accurate at the time of collecting. If changes are made to the brand (packaging or nutrition) within our updates, please refer to their website. Changes may occur regarding their availability, please check with your local supermarket for more info.
For more Low carb Supermarket finds, click here